Monday, February 19, 2007

Sleepless in KY


Well, here goes another sleepless night! AAAHHHH!!!! My beautiful little boy has decided he doesn't want to sleep at night anymore. Apparently this is common in kids with WS. I have been told that certain meds would help him, but I don't want to medicate him unless I have no other choice. I think Sam is worse than most. I could be wrong about that though. This has been going on now (off and on) for a little over a year. I am at my wits end. I am one tired puppy! Most nights I am lucky to get him into bed by 5 am. I have tried putting him into bed earlier but he simply lays there and cries or gets back up after I finally pass out from exhaustion. I get up to find him sitting on the couch watching TV. That scares me to death. It makes me feel like the world's worst mommy. That has only happened twice, but it was enough to make me force myself to sit up until I know for sure that he is asleep. I fantasize about days like those in the picture. What I wouldn't give for 8 hours of sleep at night! Instead of the 4 or 5 I might get during the day. Maybe someday he will be able to get to sleep during the night. I hope! I hope! I hope!
He is such a precious little boy. I count myself very lucky to have him. I just wish he would sleep! LOL! Oh well, maybe someday.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That Sucks he is not sleeping still...you are a much stronger lady then I because I would medicate all I could...Anything to sleep...Keep your chin up it has to get beter at some point.

Whitney said...

Hi I'm whitney I was jumping blogs and ran across yours. I live in Indiana and found out my baby has ws on Aug 2 07. He's 9 wks now. He's in Kosair in Louisville KY. I'd kinda like to find someone close. Bloggings great. But I don't know it would just be nice to be able to actually meet people too.

Unknown said...

OH I remember those nights! Stay strong and hang in there! I will prayer you both get some good zzz in.

Unknown said...

We wish you all the beauty, cherished traditions, and joys of this lovely holiday season. May you be surrounded with the things you hold dear and enjoy most, now, and throughtout 2008.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from both of us - and remember that broken cookies aren't fattening!
Warm regards
Ann & Ava Jewel xo